Saturday, January 29, 2011

Old Fashion Food: Breakfast of the Past

I am so hungry this morning and I am thinking about what to make my wonderful husband for breakfast. I wonder what the most popular breakfast dishes of each decade were...

1950's:
chilled grapefruit, frenchtoast, applesauce, toast, eggs and bacon. Eggo Frozen waffles (came out in 1954)
1960's:
Fruit and cottage cheese, bacon, coffee, pancakes, eggs, POP TARTS (came out in
1970s:
Eggs, Egg McMuffin (came out in 1973) carnation breakfast squares

not much different then now...


Mom 'N' Pop's Apple Pie 1950s Cookbook: Over 300 Great Recipes from the Golden Age of American Home Cooking
I still dont know what I want. But looking that stuff up now makes me want a peppermint pie or baked alaska for dessert

I think I will jump off of here and make some french toast covered with fresh fruit??? I dont know I'll see what my honey is craving. But i also believe I just found some cool inspiration for a baby shower I am throwing in April and maybe for my birthday in July!
Have a wonderful day

0 comments: