Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ideas on how to score vintage finds on the cheap.

Vintage Guitar Magazine
Everything I buy is vintage and smells funny. Maybe that's why I don't have a boyfriend.
Lucy Liu


I'm only 24 so I'm def not loaded and I am def on a budget. Good thing you cant buy taste and you dont need alot of money to find cool stuff on a dime! So while I just adore vintage and vintage inspired things sometimes the good stuff is expensive... but dont fret heres some fun, flirty and fabulous tips on how to get it cheaper.

www.estatesales.net
Go here to get emails sent straight to your inbox that alerts you to estate sales in your neighborhood. I usually sign up for a 10 mile perimeter in my area. Estate sales are awesome because its usually cheaper and theres usually alot of really cool stuff in it!

Flea Markets
I think flea markets are def worth the time sometimes you can find some real gems. Especially stuff like vintage barbies and vintage platters... I would recommend making a day out of it and getting there early. If your in the Dayton/ Cincinnati area then Traders world would be a good fit for you. Access there website at
http://www.tradersworldmarket.com/

Thrift stores
Did you know you can take 200.00 worth of product to Goodwill and Salvation Army each and get a tax deduction? I do this every year so I know other people do to. Dont judge a book by its cover and def spend the time checking out your local thriftstores, I would recomend doing this every few weeks for 30 minutes to a hour. This stuff comes and goes pretty fast so stay on top of your game.
Check out the following links to get a thrift store near you.
www.goodwill.org
www.salvationarmy.org
www.svdpusa.org

RE Store
Habitat for humanity has a huge restore where they sell used items that were donated to build houses. The proceeds go to a great cause and you can find all kinds of things. I would say to go often to find the best stuff. They have everythign to dishwashers, appliances, candlesticks, old doors, stairs, and pretty much anything you can imagine.

Just keep in mind that vintage isnt the clothes you wear its how you live and maximize your house with some refashioned pieces that make your home a wonderful piece of art.

Amazon has some cool finds as well and shipping is usually low... I have set up some cool stuff I found on there sight below...

Vintage Glass Knobs ~ Shabby Chic Cabinet or Drawer Crystal Clear Glass Pulls ~ Set of 12 ~ Flower

Retro Vintage Oversized Frame Fashion Sunglasses - White/Smoke

Vintage Classic Leopard Tortoise Wayfarer Style Sunglasses
Crosley Kettle Classic Desk Phone CR62-Black

Shopping for Vintage: The Definitive Guide to Vintage Fashion

A Vintage Affair: A Novel
Hope this helped and happy hunting.

0 comments: